1/4" Dia. Distressed Flat Head Carriage Bolt
1/4" diameter carriage bolt with 1" diameter round flat head
An old mission gate was brought to us for repair many years ago in California and had these amazing old flat head clavos decorating the gate. The heads of these clavos were pitted from age and had the neatest texture that we had to try to duplicate. After duplicating the clavos we decided to add the same concept to bolts in order to create the same look in a structural application with out having to use the typical hardware store finishes, such as, galvanized or zinc. Keep in mind the head of these bolts are tapered and the measurement is from the center of the head.
- Head Shape: Round
- Head Texture: Distressed
- Head Diameter: 1"
- Head Height: 1/16"
- Neck Diameter: 1/4"
- Neck Height: 1/4"
- Shank Diameter: 1/4"
- Thread Pitch: 20
- Thread Type: Course
- Raw: Metal is left untreated. Recommended for those wanting to add their own finish.
- Black: The part is painted flat black. We recommend this option for parts that have no texturing done to them and for outdoor use.
- Oil Rubbed Bronze: A wax containing bronze is rubbed on the piece, leaving a bronze color to the high points of the metal where the lows will be black. Recommended for hammered or distressed textured items.
- Pewter: A wax containing pewter is rubbed on the part, leaving the silver-ish pewter color on the highs points of the metal and the lows will be black. Recommended for hammered of distressed textured items.
- Aged Bronze: A wax containing bronze is applied to the piece and then wiped away. This finish leaves the high points of the metal black and the low points a goldish-bronze color. Recommended for hammered or distressed items.
- Aged Pewter: A wax containing pewter is applied to the piece and then wiped away. This finish leaves the high point of the metal black and the low points a silver-ish pewter color. Recommended for hammered or distressed items.
- Rusty Metal Patina: This finish leaves the reddish, orange color of the rust on the low points of the piece. It looks best when selected with a hammered or distressed texture
- Gunmetal: This is an acid finish leaving hints of blues and browns coming through the part. The coloring soaks into the metal making it more scratch resistant (Good for high use items).Not recommended for outdoor use
- Wrought Iron Patina: This is an acid was finish, the blackish coloring will soak into the metal making it more scratch resistant (Good for high usu items). Not recommended for outdoor use