We ship international and domestic via USPS and UPS and FedEx. Please keep in mind that our products are custom made to each order and have an individual lead time that is separate from the shipping transit time. Lead time is shown on to the right of the product image on each products order page and is calculated in business/ workdays; we don't work weekends. When reviewing shipping options and pricing, please keep in mind the price is both shipping and handling costs.
A few more things to keep in mind:
- Old West Iron is not responsible for your lack of planning. Please plan ahead and allow ample time for us to make your order and for shipping time. We do not offer rush orders; we find what can go wrong, will go wrong with rush orders, which inevitably delays them.
- Old West Iron has no control over mother nature, although sometimes we wish we did. We are located in the mountains, and we get unpredictable weather. This is mostly an issue from October to April / May when snowstorms can appear out of nowhere. This hinders the ability for drivers to get to our location for package pick up, and creates safety concerns for our commuter employees. If the driving conditions are unsafe for employees or courier drivers, orders may be delayed by a day or two.
- Once an order leaves our shop via courier, we no longer have control over the shipping. If your package is delayed in shipping, that is an issue with the courier. We are happy to attempt to contact them for you, but just because we are the shipper doesn't mean we have more pull in getting the package to you faster. We have to go through the same channels you do.
- If your order arrives damaged or pieces are missing due to rough handling by the courier, please contact us rather than filing a claim yourself. This way, we can re-make or fix the order for you at no cost to you. If you process a claim on your own, you will bear the charges to re-make/ fix your order.
- We do not ship partial orders unless shipping costs of both packages are paid for by the customer.
If your shipping cost seems too high, it might be. We will refund any shipping overcharges at the time we print your shipping label. However, please keep in mind it is both shipping and handling costs, and our shipping rates are calculated by weight - steel is a heavy material.